Monday, April 9, 2012

A Study in Winning by Jupiter-Ash - Review

Man, this fic. I'm definitely adding it to my fandom classics list, because it reminds me of 'Performance in a Leading Role' a lot. It's basically on the same level - Jupiter-Ash has taken Sherlock and John, placed them in a totally new universe, and still made it work. It's fabulously written, paced just right, and you can TELL the author did her research on tennis. It's essentially converted me to a tennis fan! (I used to watch it before, but not much. Now I know I'll be sitting right there with my grandparents watching Wimbledon! I only wish Sherlock Holmes and John Watson were real tennis players ;u;)
The best thing about this fic hands-down is the tennis. God, I love the tennis. It's not too rushed, but it doesn't drag on forever, either. I must admit, I did enjoy the Moriarty in this fic. Especially the part when John punched him at the party. XD
Bottom line: if you've read and enjoyed Performance in a Leading Role, then definitely give this one a shot. It's just as good. With an added bonus: there's a sequel, which is currently a WIP! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment